At the end of October Google released the latest PageRank (PR) updates. Has your Google PR gone up or down on your website? One of our brand new product websites, ActiveProspects, has gone from PR0 to PR5 in just two months and we are excited about it.
Here are my tips on improving your Google PageRank:
1) Create professional and useful content on your website. When people find your content valuable, they will likely link and reference to your web content.
2) Provide client testimonials to your vendors. They will be happy to post your testimonial on their website and link to your website to show that its legitimate and credible (format the testimonial with a link).
3) Post insightful comments on blogs related to your industry (like this one!). Avoid simply commenting with just “good post” etc. You’ll have to show that you understand the post; in your comment demonstrate a shared experience or even challenge their idea with relevant sources. Make sure in your profile your name links back to your website.
4) Your partners and clients are also good sources of relevant inbound links. Work hard at getting links from them.
5) Does your business have other websites? Make sure you create links to your website from your other web properties.
Another way to get credible inbound links includes outsourcing a link building campaign. Building up Googe PageRank through a link building campaign requires creativity and hard work. The upside is once you’ve earned a good Google PageRank for your website, the payoff is long term.
Like this post? Follow ActiveConversion on LinkedIn:
About Jim Wong
Jim is a digital veteran with over 10 years of experience driving digital strategy and leading multi-discipline teams for national & local brands in over 20 industries. His expertise is in leveraging digital marketing to market businesses smarter and better through a data focused, performance ROI driven approach.